THE PACIFIC CAMPAIGN VIDEO'S

The place to show up your recordings and video editing skills
KiplandKinkill

8 years ago

THOSE OF US THAT WAS IN IT WILL KNOW HOW GREAT AND LONG THIS OPERATION TOOK.

WE HAD TO TAKE WAKE ISLAND BELOW IS A LINK TO THE FIRST STAGE.

77TH JSOC ARE IN THE PACIFIC AND ARE BEGINNING THE TASK OF TAKING BACK THE ISLANDS OCCUPIED BY BOTH THE RUSSIAN AND CHINESE ARMY,NAVY AND AIR FORCES.

THE TASK BEGINS AT WAKE ISLAND READ REST IN VIDEO, AND MOSS'S FINE DESCRPTION IN THE FORUM

HOPE YOU ENJOY SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW BY 1900HRS 26/10/15

#

THIS LINK BELOW WILL BE BETTER QUALITY ONCE IT HAS UPLOADED

Last edited by KiplandKinkill 8 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Obey the Beard

KipCurry

8 years ago

You can almost touch the excitement ;)

Anyway, looking forward to it.. I've been enjoying your videos so far
"Watch the sparks fly !"
Retired Delta 2-1 Engineer
Image Pfc. KCurry

KiplandKinkill

8 years ago

Thanks Kip thanks for looking in at my vids....hopefully not too long now and wait for 1080p as it always shows 360p when processing.

nice name btw :P
Obey the Beard

KiplandKinkill

8 years ago

PART 2 WAKE ISLAND WILL BE READY TO VIEW BY 1900 HRS GMT

LINK

THANKS
Obey the Beard

KipCurry

8 years ago

Hey Kip, I was just wondering what is actually happening in part 1 at 11:10 somewhat...

Looks like you all are getting pounded by something (mortar?), then the screen freezes and we see enemy in front of you, but then at the tower ? Also went from 4 members in team to 2 ?

Don't mind me asking, it's probably something stupid, but it just caught my attention :)
"Watch the sparks fly !"
Retired Delta 2-1 Engineer
Image Pfc. KCurry

KiplandKinkill

8 years ago

Hi Kip it was inbound mortar and as I got hit by a mortar shell it threw me toward the tower I crawled the rest of the way with my legs strapped to my back and before a medic could sew my legs on a soldier shot me in the face

But in reality Arma did its usual and the server crashed so I forgot my last spot and used the tower where we picked up the play again, and 2 of the team could not get back on :roll:

but you being of sound mind and a boss name would pick up on that. hope that helps and again thanks for watching and any questions are always a pleasure to answer good luck in recruit stage ;)
Obey the Beard

KiplandKinkill

8 years ago

The finale of WAKE ISLAND TAKEOVER

This will be ready this afternoon....unfortunately its 40+ mins as i did not want to make a 4th part.

Hopefully you enjoy it as I might stop making these in future, seems the views and interest is low due to maybe streams or length or maybe my editing anyways" it is what it is!"

link below input welcomed criticism may result in decapitation followed by a bearded scowl

Obey the Beard

Deleted User 393

8 years ago

I hope you keep making them eventhough I understand where you're coming from. Arma videos are for a niche audience. That's what I realized when I had the connection to upload videos. The best length, for me personally anyway, is around 20~30 mins. Anything above that, I have to watch it in 2 sits (I have the attention span of a fish).

And if I may, I'd like to give some feedback (by the time I write this, 3rd video wasn't processed yet). I'll start with info texts. I would feed that information while showing something boring in the background (like running to a objective). It may work better instead of making people pause the video to read the info you put there. You can also use Youtube's pause function. Pick the time to pause, set the duration and that's it. But personally, I would pick the former method.

The ambient explosion and bullet sounds (I did not hear anything while I was flying so I'm guessing that was something you put in the editing suite) I think it's a nice touch. At first I found it a bit odd but as I kept watching, I realized that it keeps the watcher on their toes. Builds the tension. One minor thing with it though, sometimes it's a bit loud and it overlaps the communication. That's the only thing I noticed.

As pilots we miss a lot up in the air (not that I'm complaining. it's just a fact). Being able to watch the same objective getting hit from a different unit's perspective is a joy for me. As I said, I hope you keep the videos coming.

Riku

8 years ago

I personally have been enjoying these videos you've made from this op and previous ones. I hope you keep at it but at the same time I understand if your motivation runs low with the view counts. Shame on all of you who haven't seen these!
"Do not pet the bear"
Wo. Riku

Knight

Rank

Regiment & Platoon

Departments

Forum Members

Loading…

8 years ago

Get me on TS, I got few ideas how we can use the unit's social media platforms to boost the views a bit.
Image Col. Knight
Commanding Officer (CO) | Image High Command | Image Head of Development
"Adapt & Overcome."

• Information