Noob Playing Arma for the first time

The place to show up your recordings and video editing skills
StormKnightGuy

6 years ago

I bought arma and chose to try out the game on your server and i wasn't disappointed, here is the mission i did enjoy!

ikke

Rank

Main Role

Forum Members

6 years ago

Nice to see squads are open for teaching new players the ropes of the game .
just a hint , if you have a somewhat flat surface in front of you, you can press C to set up your bipod .
This stabilizes your gun even more and makes you shoot even more accurate.
hope to see you around some more
"I am surrounded by idiots"
Image Pfc. Ikke

GUNSHOW1001

6 years ago

I concur Ikke,

Its always good to keep in mind that new players join the servers and want to have an enjoyable time whilst learning the ropes. Offering tips and tricks from fellow players is important.

Some good team work there folks so keep this up. I thought that flight looked familiar ☺️, with all my plans and flight paths going as intended until an enemy Gryphon appears out of no-where with air superiority so close to base..

All in all im pleased you enjoyed yourselves and i’ll be sure to see you next time getting infilling/exfilling onboard my chopper for my normal successful flights. 😊

This flight although different, reminded me of another flight where I landed a ghosthawk just further up from that LZ over the ridge line and a different squad was still shooting at enemy infantry at that time. However, once the infantry had been taken out, the squad and I both knew that there was an enemy APC over the other side of hill about 200m away. The squad decided instead to chase the APC down without appropriate gear as I repeatedly told them to board in order for us to get the hell out of here. Granted I could have lifted and returned later but that split second decision meant life or death. We all play a part in that process.

The message I am trying to pass here is that you dont need to take out every single enemy out there. Its not about who gets the most kills. The safety of you, your squad, the pilot and the effective use of the expensive resource “helicopter” are what counts. Secure the LZ, pop appropriate smoke to shield extract in that hot exfill scenario and get-in... the longer you leave it you then risk the lives of every assets involved in that hot extract. One thing to note is that this does not mean spamming smoke on a normal threat free extract is acceptable none the less.

This particular extract went as smooth as it could, given the mohawk’s defence suite and my sharp manouevres did little to evade the Gryphon’s locking/guided missile. Highlighting the importance of an effective CAP pilot along with base defence systems to provide sufficient cover to ensure the safe return of friendly troops.

“Success is ultimately a joint effort.”

Regards,
GS.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

Winston Churchill.

• Information