The Sand Castle Project

All of our video footage, live streams and pictures
crazyirish

Main Role

Forum Members

Loading…

3 years ago

I THINK THE USE OF 3 SANDBAGS PER ENG CAN BE PROBLEMATIC AS THERE MAY WELL BE ONLY 1 ENG DEFENDING HQ WHETHER ITS A LOW COUNT IN SERVER, OTHER ENG IN ARMOUR OR AWAY ON SIDE MISSIONS OR DEFENDING HQ FROM HIGH GROUND , ALSO IF ENG PLACE SANDBAGS DOWN IN MIDDLE OF AO AND HAS TO LEAVE IT BY EITHER BLEEDING OUT OR HAVING TO MOVE QUICKLY HE LOOSE ABILITY TO USE A SANDBAG LATER , I THINK IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO HAVE A LIMIT ON TOOLKITS IN RESUPPLY CRATE IF ADMINS WANT TO REDUCE SUPER FORTRESS TYPE DEFENCE
JUST MY 2 CENTS

JohnnyBoy

Rank

Main Role

Main Server

Forum Members

3 years ago

crazyirish wrote:
3 years ago
I THINK THE USE OF 3 SANDBAGS PER ENG CAN BE PROBLEMATIC AS THERE MAY WELL BE ONLY 1 ENG DEFENDING HQ WHETHER ITS A LOW COUNT IN SERVER, OTHER ENG IN ARMOUR OR AWAY ON SIDE MISSIONS OR DEFENDING HQ FROM HIGH GROUND , ALSO IF ENG PLACE SANDBAGS DOWN IN MIDDLE OF AO AND HAS TO LEAVE IT BY EITHER BLEEDING OUT OR HAVING TO MOVE QUICKLY HE LOOSE ABILITY TO USE A SANDBAG LATER , I THINK IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO HAVE A LIMIT ON TOOLKITS IN RESUPPLY CRATE IF ADMINS WANT TO REDUCE SUPER FORTRESS TYPE DEFENCE
JUST MY 2 CENTS
I believe that with any changes you have to sit back and wait. Watch things unfold.
I like the new AO changes and where it's going in general.

• Capturing a commander has a tactical element to it.
• Datalink provides intel.
• Engineers need to get in close for that jammer (we've asked for it for a long time, and I'm glad it's in!)
• Radiotower is still OG, requires most of the time an Engineer to take down.
• 3x AA's still vulnerable to big boom boom by either AT's or Engineers

Engineers have been elevated from taking out towers and AA's (and the sand castling?) to a much more core part of any team. An engineer is at the moment as viable as an AT in your squad - which is where an engineer should be. Every team SHOULD have an engineer.

And that's what we got to wait for. Look at it this way, 4 out of the 5 points I made earlier could use an engineers touch (AA / Building HQ when commander gets shot).

I strongly believe that with these changes, and time, there will be more engineers out there. Most of AO's consists of 3-5 teams. We know that most squads have more than 1 engineer but for the sake of the argument, let's say there are 3 teams in the AO and 1 engineer on each team. That's still 3x3 = 9 sandbags and that's enough to plug in the gaps on the HQ walls.

What I love most about the recent patch that is sort of lowkey, is the emphasis on focus. Because you got to be on point on what's happening and what engineer is where and doing what. I very strongly believe that most squad leaders will be taking up Engineer role because of this. I find myself doing it just for that reason alone.
"I never thought I would say this, but I agree with Johnny." - Madtrap, 2021-12-02.

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

3 years ago

While I mourn the loss of all the castles that can’t be built, I agree.

People need to start thinking how to place their sandbags too. You don‘t need to plug every hole, you got to make the HQ as defensible as possible. With scarcity comes innovation.
Einmal mit Profis…

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

3 years ago

I am currently concentrating on designs for little corners of survivability for at least one medic, since most buildings can be destroyed by GBUs, but sandbags are eternal ;)

In this case a enemy glitched through the walls while I was building and killed the medic. I made it as one of two survivor but the defense failed despite me throwing 20 grenades out of the window.

1 Explosive and 2 sandbags where all it took to built a little outpost to support HQ
Einmal mit Profis…

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

3 years ago

Well, since it got awefully silent in here and there seem barely any engineers who do something else then block entrances with the toolkits, I present you the sandbags in a container. Won the defense and one medic was always up. was a bit glitchy when it got crowded at some point.

When two engineers combine their toolkits, magic happens. A bit mismatched perhaps, but magic never the less.

If you built city defenses in an elevated position with two toolkits, sometimes it makes sense to build it like this. More cover then one toolkit, and you got two openings to shoot out from.

Protecting a medic from GBUs

With some HQs it makes more sense to utilise the corners, rather then the entrances.

In the same manner, placing sandbag inside the house, rather then outside, might provide a bit more limited view, but drastically improves cover.
Einmal mit Profis…

JohnnyBoy

Rank

Main Role

Main Server

Forum Members

3 years ago

There's been a lot lately, so I haven't been able to contribute to the great sandcastle.
However, I've been experimenting with running 3x toolkits and 7x charges and I'm glad to report that I've had more
success with this loadout than my previous one (1x toolkit, 15x charges).
"I never thought I would say this, but I agree with Johnny." - Madtrap, 2021-12-02.

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

3 years ago

The 77th server gods were cruel and kind this update.

Cruel because they took the Promet MR, kind because they gave us the APERS Mine dispenser. I have to tinker with my load out again :D
Einmal mit Profis…

• Information