All of our video footage, live streams and pictures
Ateir

Patreon

Main Role

Main Server

Forum Members

Loading…

4 years ago

Built my Engineer loadout earlier today, and ended up going 2 tool kits and rest of the space for expo.

Having "unlimited" barriers will be abused.

But, even with the two kits I ended up bringing I could have made one full wall or two half walls. Plus you will likely have more engineers in the AO, so together they can build a decent cover. At least in the HQ where you have H-barriers already

Gives the engineers a bit more purpose, and could save a defence mission

Looking forward to see more layouts ;)
"It's the critics that drive improvement, it's the critics that are the true optimists" - Jaron Lanier
Ex-employee
Ateir

JohnnyBoy

Rank

Main Role

Main Server

Forum Members

4 years ago

Ateir wrote:
4 years ago
Built my Engineer loadout earlier today, and ended up going 2 tool kits and rest of the space for expo.

Having "unlimited" barriers will be abused.

But, even with the two kits I ended up bringing I could have made one full wall or two half walls. Plus you will likely have more engineers in the AO, so together they can build a decent cover. At least in the HQ where you have H-barriers already

Gives the engineers a bit more purpose, and could save a defence mission

Looking forward to see more layouts ;)
We had no cover at all at this HQ, they managed to capture it halfway about 3 times, but we successfully pushed them back and defended the HQ. Good job to all engineers and thank you HQ for supplying us with 60 Toolkits <3

"I never thought I would say this, but I agree with Johnny." - Madtrap, 2021-12-02.

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

4 years ago

I see way to few people experiment with sandbags, mostly it is just the straight ones put ontop of eachother without regard for shooting positions. It is not enough to protect the entrances.

Entrance cover experiment, post unsuccessful defense.

Entrance cover experiment, post successful defense

This one provided cover from GBUs and Invading CSAT, was not enough to safe the AO. But medic was last men standing.

After closing off all the entrances with the 50+ sandbags that we were provided by HQ and pilots, there were some leftovers to protect medics outside of the fragile CSAT structures from GBUs. With reasonable cover you could still shoot enemies up hill without getting bombed or shot by vehicles.

to conserve toolkits you can close entrances with this technique. provides better cover then a single stack and covers nearly as well.

A proper defense has not only one layer of protection. here the second line could still shoot approaching enemies coming down the hill.
Einmal mit Profis…

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

4 years ago

Sometimes the defense is close to a village that has been mortared or has meet other forms of explosive damage :D

Where some see rubble, engineers should see opportunities.

Einmal mit Profis…

Brundir

Rank

Patreon

Main Role

Forum Members

4 years ago

I know this is a bit off topic, but I found it really fitting xD. How to describe engineers on the server
"Apologies for the Houdini a bridge pulled on you" -Trompe 2021

StuchFlex

Forum Members

4 years ago

Brundir wrote:
4 years ago
I know this is a bit off topic, but I found it really fitting xD. How to describe engineers on the server

Lmao perfect.

crazyirish

Main Role

Forum Members

Loading…

4 years ago

Brundir wrote:
4 years ago
my wife dreams i was that handy with gadgets lol

JohnnyBoy

Rank

Main Role

Main Server

Forum Members

3 years ago

• Limit sandbags per engineer to 3.

My friends,

My fellow sandcastlers,
Many people go to the beach to enjoy time with their families, bounce volleyballs or try to get that perfect tan.
Some people go to the beach to build their perfect sandcastle. There will always be times when it doesn't work out; the wrong kind of sand, people knocking down your sandcastle or HQ forgetting to pack toolkits with the supplies.

My fellow sandcastlers,
This too, is nought but another obstacle in your path to the perfect sandcastle.
These are the dark days that are looming ahead of us, and we need to face the fact that our golden years are over and this is where our real fight begins. While these patches will try to shatter and break down our resolve they are forgetting one fundamental thing about you:

Building up is what you do.

My fellow sandcastlers,
We shall not lay down our toolkits.
We shall face this patch head on and we will adapt, and overcome.
The time has come for all engineers to set aside their difference and embrace the sandcastle family.
In these dark times, engineers will be needed more than ever.
Let us build up and reinforce - rise up and become the protector that you are meant to be,
before we are all swept away by the high tide.

"I never thought I would say this, but I agree with Johnny." - Madtrap, 2021-12-02.

Css2d

Main Role

Forum Members

3 years ago

It was fun while it lasted :( This just means we have to educate more players on the usefulness of engineers, to spread the Gospel of the Sandbag.
Sadly 3 toolkits are not enough to built "Minicastles", layered defenses or protective bunkers for medics to support the main defense.

And just when I made a loadout with 4 Toolkits :(
Einmal mit Profis…

crazyirish

Main Role

Forum Members

Loading…

3 years ago

i agree if you had a lot of engineers half decent defence could be built problem is somtimes only a 2 or 3 engineers might be defending hq and thats definitely not enough

• Information